Monday, September 24, 2007

Sleeper bus to Hannoi, Vietnam

So Lucy and I had a little pre-christmas shopping for each other... and splurged a little too much in someways... but overal we think it was okayyyy. The tailors are ridiculously cheap here.... so we just couldn't help passing such an opportunity up. That was really all Hoi An was about. Now we are much tooo overloaded which is really causing a bit of a travel problem lately. So if I don't come home soon I'm definitely going to have to send a package back again.

We rented bikes again,,, and just marveled again about how much we LOVE riding bikes here... it is just so dreamy, exciting, thrilling, and a good source of exercise. I found that I'm getting better at weaving and dodging through the crazy motorists when crossing through uncontrolled intersections.. but every so often I have to remind myself not to become too confident and always pay close attention as the unexpected is ALWAYS happening.

Oh- we also finally took a cooking class we've been promising ourselves forever. AND IT WAS AMAZING. We really can't tell if its just because we cooked it ourselves that it tasted sooo good, but it had to have been some of the best food we've eaten in Vietnam so far. And the instructors we're really good, nice, and most of all- patient-- becuase Lucy and I soon found out just HOW lame we are when it comes to cooking... We felt like really stupid westerners that obviously don't know how to do anything for themselves because we've always had stuff given to us like that... interesting lesson. Mostly just we cut really really slow ad sloppy.. but I guess we have to be a little easier on ourselves given we're not seasoned chefs or anything =)

Took a sleeper bus (with beds and all) to Hannoi... and that was quite an experience in itself... even though I'm deathly tired again from the lack of sleep again. While Lucy again took the cheaper bus. We had better luck connecting in our final destination this time though. The bus was a little trippy though... I felt like I was in an alien spacepod, it was pretty weird/crazy.
I got another peice of art to add to my collection now...effectively have one from every country I've been in now... so that's been fun.. and theyre' all so unique. Laos will maybe be next?

Lucy's blog also always has another good and different perspective on our combined adventures too: adventuresbylucy.blogspot.com

No comments: