Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bicycle bicycle

Lucy and I have been continually excited about our 1$ a day bike rentals. I've always been partial to riding bikes, but in a whole other country it has taken on such an adventurous ride I don't know if it'll ever be the same back home. We had a lot of fun today.. but after we went so far as to leave the safety of pavement into the dirt backstretches, I couldn't help but ask Lucy if we'd even recognize a ghetto if we were in one. Houses of all shapes and sizes... but many are usually made of just some makeshift tin slopped together barely enough for a roof. You never can really tell what kind of neighborhood you're in here... so we decided to carefully find a better way home, esp as our butts aches from the hard seats of a long trip.
Oddly enough, Lucy and I are temporarily splitting ways as I take the train because of my sleeping/health issues as well as safety concerns, and she prefers to take the more backpacker route. Although I'm a bit jealous her entire ticket all the way to Hannoi is cheaper than just mine to Hoyan, I know I will rest even better with overall peice of mind. Meeting up the next day should be interesting, esp in our half awake grumpy states.

No comments: