Monday, September 17, 2007

Health Tidbit

I just got off an overnight bus 6:30am from Saigon last night arriving here in Nha Trang. I really am opposed to overnight tranportation with all the assoicated sleep deprivation. Unless emergent, I really don't think its ever worth it. So you travel all night supposedly saving a day's worth of time.. but in reality your whole following day is shot, as well as the next couple days of repair. I've been feeling a bit of pressure the last few times to do it, to stay with the group. But after last night, and all the stress/frustration/worry-- I've decided I'm just not going to do it anymore! I really have to watch out for my health these days being so much more fragile than normal. ANd its hard because the people around you don't really seem to understand (even myself sometimes) because it does feel wimpy and un-roughing it... but I really just need to take care for my body here. I've always been an avid sleep nazi.. but now more than ever. Particularly worse is that my already ongoing issues actually get noticeabley more painful the day after. I had to make it perfectly clear to Lucy this morning that I would no longer be doing any trips like this whatever the circumstances... there will be absolutely no comprimise on my health here anymore. It's really odd to me that people will do this kind of trip to save time, yet sleep almost the whole rest of the day... either that or be zombies... you've saved nothing in the end.. at the cost of your health... however small or large of an affect it is for varying people.

No comments: