Thursday, September 13, 2007

Another Emotional Day

Lucy and I have been increasingly becoming more upset... I won't say depressed, because that's a big word to just throw around. But every day being surrounded by extreme poverty and hopelessness has really just been taking it's toll.

I'm still overwhelmed by how much I'm learning. Not just about society, and culture, and poverty... but about myself. My interests, my reactions, my emotions, my philosophies, my trivialness, the list is endless. After resisting for about an hour, I couldn't help but finally break down in tears from all the suffering. But even selfishly. How could I ever have worried about my issues... even the seemingly bigger ones.. in the face of all this. I just prayed that I would never lose sight of my time in Cambodia.

Making flyers with hopes to have them hanging today. Played and sung and danced with the children until the sweat poured down my face so hard that it literally stung my eyes. I can't remember the last time Í've sweat so hard. Again, they have no electricity, as I continued to remind myself there would be no fans... let alone AC or a building to even put it in.

No comments: